The Endometriosis Network Canada (TENC) is the only organization in Canada dedicated to providing education, support and awareness, to those living with endometriosis nationally. TENC was incorporated as a not-for-profit in November, 2012 by a group of people with endometriosis, who met through a Toronto-based endometriosis in person support group. This group of individuals recognized the great need to provide Canadians with resources to help improve their quality of life with this chronic disease. TENC has had the opportunity to draw upon top medical experts in the country and internationally, as well as networking across Canada with endometriosis patients. The mission of TENC is to promote awareness while providing education, support and resources nationally, for people with endometriosis and those whose lives it touches.
TENC’s current activities include:
- interactive educational seminars three times yearly
- biennial full day educational symposium
- a professionally-facilitated in person support group in Toronto, with plans to expand across Canada
- online support through a private Facebook group
- coordinating awareness activities across Canada
- website and informational brochures
As a result of the support and educational programming TENC has made available, feedback has shown that feelings of isolation and hopelessness can be replaced by empowerment and comfort in knowing that others understand. Willingness to advocate for oneself, and try new streams of treatment often follows.
TENC relies entirely on volunteers for all the work, and therefore donated funds go directly towards our programming.