There are many different treatment options to consider. Many patients find better relief from combining medical and/or surgical treatment with natural approaches.
- Birth control pills–many different brands
- Visanne–patient information from Bayer
- Mirena IUD–patient information from Bayer, and important safety information from Bayer
- Lupron with hormonal add-back–patient information from Abbvie
- Minimally invasive laparoscopic surgery
- Dietary changes
- Pelvic physiotherapy
- Stress reduction (may include meditation, mindfulness, breathing techniques, guided imagery, exercise, yoga)
- Acupuncture/Traditional Chinese medicine
- Naturopathic medicine
For more information about medical options, consult with your doctor. For help finding a doctor well-versed in treating endometriosis, see Finding a Specialist.
Practitioners who may be helpful in assisting with natural management strategies include nutritionists, women’s health/pelvic physical therapists, acupuncturists, and naturopaths. Always look for practitioners who have experience in treating endometriosis. To read more about natural management of endometriosis, see this article in Alive magazine (all information in Alive magazine is fact-checked and must be from peer-reviewed journal articles or other reliable sources).